Thursday, April 8, 2010

California...a big state

It seems that when it rains it pours, well, sometimes. Like when all the really good movies come out within the same 2 week period, or all of the family's social demands fall within a 3 day period, you know stuff like that. So it was with my recent trips to California. Shane and I had been planning all year on chaperoning Hillcrest HS Performing Arts Tour to Southern California the week before Easter. I have done this for the past 4 years, and this would be Shane's second trip as a chaperone. I have loved this trip! The kids are amazing and supportive of eachother. They know how to work hard and play hard (very important in Disneyland). But while planning for this trip my dear sweet Grandma Jessie passed away so I took a quick trip to Norhtern CA for her funeral, it was a beautiful service, and it was great to see my family...and spend time in San Francisco exploring with my sister-in-law (she always has the best ideas of where to go)


This is an older picture from a different adventure, but just so you know she is very fun!!

I returned from my Grandma's services on Sunday and we departed on Monday for the Performing Arts Tour in So. California. I wish I could say I hopped on a plane for that trip, but it was not to be......instead it was a lovely bus trip leaving Utah about 7pm Monday night and arriving in San Diego about 7 am Tuesday morning! Lots of fun but almost no sleep!!
We had breakfast and then toured the USS Midway. The kids also performed on board.



As you can see this first day of tour, was also Megan's 18th Birthday!!! She wore a crown and a "Birthday Princess" sash all day. We celebrated pretty much the whole trip though!! I still can't believe she is 18 and graduating so soon! Do I feel old? no, not really....I just feel time is slipping away and just yesterday she was a baby! I sure do love her and am proud of her!!

After leaving the Midway we went to the beach, it was beautiful weather and you could sure spot the "white" Utah kids in the water, ha, ha. It was a great afternoon in the surf and sun!


Megan performing on the USS Midway.


Singing karoke on the cruise Tues. night!

Choir performing at Disneyland.


VE performing at Disneyland!

Sisters watching the performance!

More birthday celebration @ Rainforest Cafe.

Mama & Papa London
Tour was an awesome experience. We were able to go to San Diego, Disneyland, and on the way home we stopped in Las Vegas to see "The Lion King" it was great! We arrived home early Easter morning. In time to come home and take a short rest before having a great Easter with the Child clan.


No comments: