Friday, November 7, 2008

Dad

What great kids Shane and I have, and what a blessing and comfort they are to me right now. My Dad is now on Hospice and in the process of dying. It is a very bittersweet time for us. Dad has literally helped raise our kids and been a huge part of our everyday family life, so what will we do without him now? It will be so tough, but it brings us so much joy and happiness to know that he will finally be pain free. Our joy for him and his sweet reunion with his parents and close family who have gone before outweighs our loss. It really has been such a great blessing to have so many family members here to visit and say their goodbyes. Sitting with Dad daily has also been a blessing to feel the sweet spirit that is present when the veil is so close. I truly am grateful for the knowledge that families are eternal, I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and knows what is best for us. My Dad is the most humble, sweet, forgiving, and loving man and I know that now he will be free od the aches and pains of his earthly body and enjoy the peace and love which can only come through our Savior.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers offered in our behalf, it really does make a difference and gives us strength to go on. Hope you can feel our love for each of you also!

9 comments:

Our Family said...

Our hearts are with you Robyne! And your family! It's definitely a hard thing to watch. But let me also say that it is very true that you have a wonderful family. If you need anything, please feel free to ask! I'm not very busy and would love to help in any way I can!

Meet the Falkners said...

What an amazing family you have. Thanks for sharing an amazing testimony of the gospel and our beliefs. Our prayers are with your family.

Mandy said...

I love you and I know that your Dad is going to be happy to be pain free. I don't know exactly how you feel but have been feeling the same sorrow and happiness as I help my friend Lisa say goodbye to her mom this last week. It is a blessing to have the gospel in our lives and you and your family are a true blessing to our family. We love you!!

wandering nana said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. He is a wonderful man. We got to spend time with the Mr dad as he said good-bye to family and friends. We were with him when he left this earth to be with his sweetheart and his parents. Know that our prayers and hearts are with you.

DandE said...

Your family is an inspiration to all! thank you for your example of family unity and pure testimony. It is a difficult time; we hope you feel our family's love and prayers on your behalf. Erik, Deanna & family.

Lillian J. Banks said...

Just checking in..We hope things are going all right. Hang in there. (Hugs)

Lanna said...

My heart goes out to you. My Dad has been gone for 3 and a half years and it was so hard to watch him die. I am also grateful for the gospel and the knowledge we have in times like this. It is comforting to know he's in a happier place. Pleease let me know if there is anything you need.
Love you lots!

Emmie-Lew said...

{{HUGS}} to all of you. It's such a hard thing to watch, but oh, so comforting when you have a testimony. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Love and miss you- - Em

Britt said...

Your dad is such a sweet man. You're in our prayers.