Thursday, November 6, 2008

Family


Everything is a little crazy, and pretty hard these days at home in Sandy so while I'm here at BYU I thought I would help them out a bit by putting up some kind of blog post so you all know we are still around! I think I speak for my family in this post when I say that we, as a family, are so grateful for family! We have had the opportunity to see so many family members the last two weeks, and we will continue to see many more in the coming weeks. Although the reasons for the visits do not always seem like a happy thing, each visit brings so much joy, and peace. I believe it is one of our Heavenly Fathers greatest blessings that we are sent to earth into families. Families are our cores, our very centers. They shape and mold us into the people we become, and they leave impressions that last generations. It is also one of the Heavenly Fathers greatest blessings that families are eternal. That child and parents, husbands and wives, entire families, can see each other again after this life. Families are truely amazing, and I'm so grateful for mine!

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

Such a sweet post. The one thing about moving away is that we are not near family. I miss seeing them when I want to. The good thing is that others around us treat us as family, especially those in our ward. They are sure to include us in holiday celebration when we are unable to be with family. I keep thinking, this is what it is suppose to be like according to our Heavenly Fathers plan but it also makes me realize how important it is for us to do everything we can to be eternal families.

Summer said...

What a great post Nicole! Ditto to everything you just said! I too am so grateful for eternal families, and for OUR family and for the love, strength and examples that are all around us.

I wish I could be there to see Grandpa again, and to see all of you.

Please do me a favor. Tell your mom to let Grandpa know how much I love him. I think of him constantly and I'm so grateful for all the wonderful childhood memories I have of him. And I'd like him to know that.

Again, I wish I could be there...

Mandy said...

Wow what a wonderful young woman you have become Nicole. I am so glad that we live so close to your family. We love you all so much.

Meet the Falkners said...

Nicole- Once again you have amazed me. You are such an important part of your family and a strength to them.