Saturday, August 29, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello BYU

Summer is officially over come Monday! And here is how I've been enjoying the last few days of summer....
-Packing/Transporting/Moving all my stuff (I think it multiplied somehow..) into my new home away from home here at Liberty Square in Provo
-Buying a step stool so I can actually get on my bed here... it's really tall, and lets face it-I'm not
-Enjoying a grasshopper cupcake from the Sweet Tooth Fairy, seriously the best cupcake I've had in a VERY long time. If you're ever in Provo I'll take you there, and by take you there I mean drive with you, not pay for you, lets face it I'm a poor college student!
-Decorating, under the direction of B and Gwenie, our new apartment
-Buying books with my mom, well... mom bought them technically... Thanks :)
-Waiting in line for 4.5 hours just to get a parking pass-but I've already learned what happens when I don't have one of those. And so far I've LOVED having a reserved parking space, it's so nice!
-Battling the super S l o w internet at this place. Oh well, at least it works, for now.
-Going over each outfit for the girls for "runway Sunday" Oh my heavens....only at this school.....
-Painting nails with the girls
-Cooking breakfast with the girls
-Shopping with the girls
-Moving furniture with the girls
-Telling about our summer adventures and catching up with all of the girls! (I really missed these girls!)

Although things have been rough this last year, I really feel like this school year is going to be great. I'm excited for my classes, my apartment, my roommates, and my life. Who knows what this year will bring? No matter what though, I'm happy and looking forward with a positive attitude though that this year will be amazing.

PS: I miss you family-a LOT! Thanks for making this summer so awesome, and such a great experience for me. I'm so much stronger and happier now than I was when I first came back home in April, and I owe that to you 4 and your love and patience with me. Thanks for the meals, the NCIS and 30 rock marathons, the limo ride, staying up with me when I was to anxious to sleep, killing all the moths, supporting my ultimate cake off, sharing your clothes/shoes/jewelry and making me laugh! You are my very most favorite people in the world Mom, Dad, Megan and Abbie-and I'm so glad I go to school close enough to be able to see you! Come check out my new place soon!(And maybe get some cupcakes too?)

PSS: Pictures will come when the decorating finishes and when I actually take the time to get pretty... maybe we'll take some on "runway Sunday"... oh brother-welcome back to Provo

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

Nicole, I'm assuming you wrote this (by the way, I'm still trying to forgive you for picking the wrong school.) I can't believe you are starting another year in college. Good luck, enjoy yourself and call your mom and tell her you love her, even when you are handing over your laundry to her. "}

Tiffany said...

What's a grasshopper cupcake?? it sounds delicious! I wish I would have known about this when i was in utah last week...I would have made you take me there!!! :) It was so good to see you girls last week! Madden misses his aunties already and wants you all to come visit him in Chicago! :) Love you guys! xoxo

robyne said...

Nicole, Thanks for updating the family blog.. ha,ha I love this post! We did have a great summer and I think this next year will be amazing for all of us! Thanks for the ultimate cake-off, the snuggling, the T.V. marathons, the secret cabin critters (and moths) and for just being you...you are amazing! LOVES

Faye said...

I am looking forward to seeing some photos of Nicole's new apartment. Glad to hear things are going good!