Thursday, March 31, 2011

We have it All.....

Our human bodies are so funny...it seems that there was only one time of the year that I could get pregnant and have it stick. There were lots of fertility drugs, 5 pregnancies (that we know of.....yes you can miscarry before you even realize you are pregnant...who knew?), resulting in 2 miscarriages, and 3 beautiful daughters!

First came Nicole, born on March 19th! Next came Megan, born on March 30th! (2 years after Nicole) Then came Abbie, born on January 31! (2 years after Megan). I had always wanted 8 kids, then as I got older I decided 6 would be okay, and finally by the time I got married I really wanted at least 4. In the end, I just feel so grateful for the 3 beautiful girls that we have been blessed with. I couldn't be happier!! These girls are Amazing!!

Since they have all celebrated big birthdays recently I wanted to just tell them how precious they are to Shane and me.

Nicole: You are a real adult now (21) You have traveled the world to places that I only dream of going! You are a leader (and sometimes the "ringleader"). You are beautiful, fun, protective, smart, and of course...."happy, happy, happy"! When I think of you as a baby/toddler, I think of your beautiful dark hair, and big brown eyes. Your knocking on the bathroom door looking for your "Pops", walking around talking nonstop, rolling your eyes, playing up to the camera, grounding your little sisters, and running away (to Pops), You made it through your teenage years having your heart broken, and breaking hearts along the way.You found that through trials your faith and testimony grows. You made good choices which has strengthened your amazing testimony and has led you to where you are today! We are so proud of you!!



Megan: You are 19 now! Wow, you have almost survived your teenage years. You have such a open, loving , and tender heart! I wish that I was as compassionate as you are! You are also very brave, and determined ,you do things that are challenging and even if it scares you, you just press forward. I also admire how strong your faith is. You know that when you pray Heavenly Father is there, and you know He will guide you! Many people do not have that kind of faith, and so they will never have the adventures you have! When I think of you as a baby/toddler, I think of your beautiful curly blond hair, your BIG beautiful brown eyes. I also think of how much adventure and mischief you would get into.....escaping from the nursery at church, throwing the "balls" (eggs) you found in the fridge onto the floor, trying to jump into the swimming pool by yourself, and always wanting to be my helper. Your teenage years found you coming out of your shell, and singing your way through High School. Now you are completing your first year at college, and you have so much adventure, fun, and love ahead of you! You are beautiful and we are so proud of you!



Abbie: For being 17, I am amazed by you.....you have it all. You are smart, beautiful, daring, strong, and loyal. I admire how independent you are. I love how playful you are, and I absolutely love your sense of humor! When I think of you as a baby/toddler, I think of your beautiful blue eyes, and your beautiful smile that would light up a room. I think of you and your playmates Zack, Josie, Britt, Alie, and Pops. I think of you and Josie playing till you both just fell asleep with Barbies in your hands. I think of stitches, cute freckles on your little nose, and more personality than most adults have! You have grown into a beautiful young woman, with only 1 more year of High School ahead of you! There have been more stitches, alot of laughter, and so much love along the way! I love how you are so self motivated, how you stand up for what you believe in, and how I see your testimony growing! You have so much adventure ahead of you (just don't involve the law), Your future is bright with Love and Success!! I am so proud of you!




My favorite things about our girls?? The traits that they share....they are so loving and loyal to each other, and they are continuing to grow in the gospel! What more could a parent ask for?
We have it all!!


!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I can hardly believe they are all grown up! It seems like yesterday that they were little girls dancing away at my wedding. Your family is awesome and I am so grateful to be apart of it. Your daughters have been such a great influence in my girls lives, as well as Uncle Shane and Aunt Robyne of course. Love you all!!

Tiffany said...

Robyn, this is such a sweet post....your girls really have grown up into beautiful young women! I can still picture each one of them as little girls...and every time I see them I can't believe how much more grown-up they are looking! xoxo to all of you!

Nicole said...

Mom I love this post. And I love you guys so much :)