Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer With The Londons

Summer is a busy time of year for us. We started off the summer with taking a family trip to Las Vegas and St. George. Nicole was even able to get work o ff early and come play in Vegas with us! In St. George we were able to see The Little Mermaid and Grease at Tuachan! We had a great time together!
Nicole, Megan, and I at The Little Mermaid!

We started off July with me, Mom, and Dad heading up to Girl s Camp! This was SYCA year at Camp so it was the last time that I got to go. I was a litt le nervous going up because I wasn't going to be with the ward this year, but it was still so much fu n! Our Camp theme this year was Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful. By the end of the week everyone at camp had become their own kind of beautiful. It was so great to have both of my parents at Girls Camp for my last year. They were both worki ng with the stake too so I got to see them a lot more. My dad was a stake camp daddy so it was even better when I got to direct my jokes at him! The week was so much fun and I got to know the girls my age and in my ward a lot better. I am so glad that I have been able to go up to Cam p for the last 6 years! It has truly strengthened my testimony of the gospel!

The ward playing extreme volleyball! We got pretty good at it by the end of the week!

The SYCA'S leading the music! It was so much fun!


Josie, Krista, and I on the first year hike!

One of the SYCA'S pranks on the camp dads was spraying them with silly string!

Our next adventure was Moon Lake. The week after Girls Camp we headed off to Moon Lake. Mom, Megan, Chelsea, Coco, and I left Tuesday. On Thursday Nicole and Dad came up to join in on the fun! We all had a good time hanging out! Even Co co had fun up there! She enjoyed all the attention she got as well as the many different smells up there, roaming free in the cabin, laying on any open bed, and of course going bye-bye in the car! I even left $10 richer because I went under the i ce cold water for 3 seconds! Including the $10 I also left with a bad sunburn on m y back...opps! All in all it was a super fun week!

Coco cuddling up to Dad. She loves her Shane!!


We buried Megan on the beach. I think we all took turns getting buried! It was very sandy after...

The family before we left!

After Moon Lake I got to take a break from camping for a week before I went to OYA. OYA stands for Outdoor Youth Adventures. I went to that last week! It was so much fun! On Monday my friend Alie and I headed up to Rexburg where we got on a bus for about an hour and went to Badger Creek where we actually camped! It was such a great experience! We were in group F which in my op inion was the best group there! Go Supermegafoxyawesomehotts!! :) On Monday we just spent the day mostly getting to know our group. Tuesday is when we started doing more activities. We started off Tuesday w ith doing the spider's web, the pirate ship, and the thing I don't remember the name of! After we were done with those we headed over to the Giant Swing! I loved that one! It was so much fun!
On Tuesday we also did the rock wall and zip line. As well as the John Colter relay! On Wednesday we started off the day with the blind walk. When we were done with that it was time to go get ready for river rafting! That was probably my favorite thing we did all week! I had never gone rafting before and it was a good river to
be on! After rafting we did the power pole! The power p ole was lots of fun too! After we finished the power pole we went to the prison wall. This was a flat wall that our whole group had to go over. You could only help 3 people on top and 3 o n bottom. This one was a little harder for me but it was sti ll pretty fun! Thursday we got to start off the day with a shower! It was worth waking up at 5:30 for! We went horse back riding after breakfast that day. After horse back riding we went to the Jungle Jim. That one wa
s both fun and challenging for me. I realized this week that I don't have that much upper body strength ...haha. We also went on our hike on Thu rsday. The hike was pretty challenging for me too with my asthma and shin splints, but it was stil l really great! It was so pretty up there and I really got to see the beauty while on the hike. Thursday night we had a hoedown!! That was lots o f fun!! It was such a great experience and I am so glad that I went even if it was a challenge! I am so glad that I was put in the group that I was
in! They were all so n ice to me when it was harder for me to do something! I felt the spirit so strongly up there! It was so great to be around people who have the same standards as you do!


Me on the rock wall!


The whole family!!

Me on top of the power pole!

The pretty stream on the hike.

Alie and I waiting to go on the Giant Swing!



Me on the Giant Swing!


Me on the Jungle Jim!

The summer has been great so far, but we still have a month left! It's gone by way too fast...I don't know if I'm ready to be a senior yet!! Any way it's been so much fun and I wouldn't change any moment of it!!


2 comments:

robyne said...

Great post Abbie! It has been a busy, fun, exciting summer so far.....but there is still more fun to come....

Shane said...

Great job Abbie, way to include the picture of me and Coco. You actually made it look like I care for that dog..what a laugh since she drives me crazy.