Friday, November 4, 2011

In Love With FALL

I. Love. Fall.
There, I have said it! I love the crisp, cool air, the falling leaves, the beautiful rich fall colors, football, wearing sweaters, and most of all the perspective that fall gives me. For me, there are two feelings that come with Fall.
First is CHANGE:
I see, feel, & smell so much change around me that it makes me want to experience actual change in my life. Some people like to make changes in their lives when a new year begins, but I think Fall is a good time for change. So I am going to make some changes now, and here are some things that I want to improve on.

* I want to be more kind.
* I want to go to bed earlier.
* I want to be more productive.
* I want to be a better visiting teacher.
* I want to be a better friend.
* I want to study the scriptures more.
* I want to be healthier.
* I want to be closer to the spirit.

Wow! Kind of a lofty list, but I can do it!

The second feeling that I get with Fall is GRATITUDE:

* I am grateful for the beautiful place that I live, and the freedoms I enjoy!
* I am grateful for good, thoughtful friends!
* I am grateful for health, mine and my loved ones!
* I am grateful for opportunities to work!
* I am grateful for talented musicians, and artists who inspire me!
* I am grateful for my home, and the love, safety, and joy I feel here!
* I am grateful for parents who loved me, and raised me in the gospel!
* I am grateful for older brothers who tortured me, and raised me to be strong!
* I am grateful for the best husband in the world!!
* I am grateful for our three beautiful daughters!
* I am grateful for Laughter!
* I am grateful for Love!
* I am grateful for Forgiveness!
* I am grateful for Joy!
* I am grateful for the Priesthood of God!
* I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
* I am grateful for a living Prophet of God!
* I am grateful for the Book of Mormon!
* I am grateful for my Testimony!
* I am grateful that I am a Mormon!

This list of gratitude could go on and on....... but now you may understand why I love Fall so much!
It is a time of shedding the old me, and starting from scratch, like a bulb underground. Growing, and changing from the inside out. So when spring comes I will be renewed, a better me. Striving to become all that is possible!
It is also a time of reflection on all that is good in my life, all the blessings I enjoy, all the opportunities that are mine. All that I am now, because of where I have been before!

I. Love. Fall. I'm just sayin.....

No comments: